Welcome to CrySP!
CrySP carries out research in the areas of cryptography, security, and privacy. The members of CrySP study a wide variety of topics, from designing cryptographic protocols to the evaluation of their effectiveness and usability in deployed systems. Here are some examples....
- Congratulations to Sergey for raising US$3.75M for his blockchain startup Axelar!
- Congratulations to Asokan for winning best paper from IEEE Transactions on Computers for his work on FastBFT!
- Congratulations to Jiayi and Urs for having their USENIX Security 2020 paper Chaperone: Real-time Locking and Loss Prevention for Smartphones featured in The Record, The Waterloo Chronicle, Exchange Magazine, and Technology Org!
- Congratulations to Ian Goldberg and his coauthors for winning the USENIX Security Test of Time Award for their 1996 paper "A Secure Environment for Untrusted Helper Applications: Confining the Wily Hacker!
- Congratulations to Ian Goldberg for being named Canada Research Chair in Privacy Enhancing Technologies!
- CrySP is growing again! N. Asokan will be Waterloo's new Cheriton Chair in Software Systems in September 2019, and Yousra Aafer will be joining us in January 2020. Welcome to our two newest faculty members!
- Congratulations to Nik Unger for winning a 2019 Huawei Prize for Best Research Paper by a Mathematics Graduate Student!
- Some of the CrySP members express their support for the release of Ola Bini.
- Erinn and Ian's Shatter Secrets work on crossing borders with encrypted devices has had some news coverage, including The Record, The Daily Swig, and CBC Radio.
- Congratulations to Sajin and Nik for placing 1st and 2nd in the 2018 Cheriton Symposium poster session!
- Phase IV of the CrySP Lab is now complete, and the students have moved in. The lab now seats 21 graduate students and a number of undergraduates. The phone number is 519 888 4567 x31337, and the room number is DC 3332.
- CrySP is actively looking for students interested in grad studies. See 'Prospective Students' on the left for details.