Cryptography, Security, and Privacy (CrySP) Research Group
Welcome to CrySP!
CrySP carries out research in the areas of cryptography, security, and privacy. The members of CrySP study
a wide variety of topics, from designing cryptographic protocols to
the evaluation of their effectiveness and usability in deployed
systems. Here are some examples....
- Congratulations to Ian and colleagues for winning the 2018 Andreas Pfitzmann Best Student Paper Award, to Ian and Nik for being runner-up for the 2018 Caspar Bowden Award for Outstanding Research in Privacy Enhancing Technologies, and to Ian and colleagues for winning the 2018 Caspar Bowden Award for Outstanding Research in Privacy Enhancing Technologies, all at the 2018 Privacy Enhancing Technologies Symposium in Barcelona!
- Hassan, Urs, and Dan Vogel's
CHI 2018 paper on shoulder-surfing smartphone PINs is getting some press in the Globe and Mail!
- Phase IV of the CrySP Lab is now complete, and the students have
moved in. The lab now seats 21 graduate students and a number of
undergraduates. The phone number is 519 888 4567 x31337, and the room number is DC 3332.
- CommitCoin, an approach for "carbon dating" information developed by CrySP alumnus Jeremy Clark and CrySP PhD student Aleksander Essex, gets mentioned in the New Scientist.
- Brittany was interviewed by Hak5, talking about the link between academia and industry!
- Cecylia and Ian's work on Slitheen is getting some press! Articles in/on the uWaterloo homepage, The Atlantic, The Register, The Record, Tech2, ITWire.
- CrySP is growing again! Our newest CrySP faculty member, Florian Kerschbaum,
joined us in January 2017!
- We are growing! Welcome to our newest CrySP faculty member, Sergey Gorbunov!
- The CrySP RIPPLE Facility
is now up and running!
- Congratulations to CrySP faculty members Doug Stinson for being named a University
Professor, and Ian
Goldberg for being named a University
- CrySP is actively looking for students interested in grad studies. See 'Prospective Students' on the left for details.
Last modified: Monday, 13-Aug-2018 15:14:35 EDT